What are fulfilment models?
This article will explain what fulfilment models are and let you know about what fulfilment models Marketcube offers.
What is fulfilment?
In E-Commerce platforms fulfilment refers to how an order is delivered or received by a customer.
As an operator when you are setting up your marketcube account, you will be asked to select your preferred method of fulfilment. This in essence is asking the operator to decide whether their vendors or operators will deliver products or whether the customer will pick up the product.
The following fulfilment options are available on marketcube to all of our Operators and are explained below. Click on the titles of the fulfilment models to be redirected to more information about these fulfilment models.
- Dropship - The vendor ships directly to the customer.
- Consignment Ship - All your vendors' ship to Marketplace or a defined 'non' customer address (which could be the operators address or a warehouse).
- Consignment Pickup - Your vendor defines a pickup address for you, the operator to pick up the product and deliver it to the customer.
- Click and Reserve- The customer collects the product from the vendor and pays cash upon collection.
- Hybrid- This fulfilment model allows you to have multiple fulfilment options (a mixture of dropship, consignment pick up, consignment ship or/and click and reserve fulfilment).
Got more questions? Use the chat on your right or email email@example.com to get in touch.