In this article, you will learn what the consignment fulfilment model is and how to configure it.
What is fulfilment?
In E-Commerce platforms fulfilment refers to how an order is delivered or received by a customer.
As an operator when you are setting up your marketcube account, you will be asked to select your preferred method of fulfilment.
What is the Consignment Fulfilment Model?
As a Marketplace operator, you have the option to fulfil the Orders in a Consignment model. The consignment model gives operators the responsibility of delivery. Orders are sent by the vendors to the operator to either one central hub or multiple predefined hubs.
Have a look at the below diagram to see how the consignment model works.
How to set up consignment fulfilment?
- Click on the Settings tab.
- Click Show under the Fulfillment panel >> Click on Fulfillment.
- Click on the Consignment checkbox - Vendor ships to the marketplace or a defined "non" customer address.
- This is where you can define the consignment addresses. You have 2 options;
- Option One: Default Consignment address. All orders sent to vendors will be fulfilled to this address, with you (the marketplace operator) showing as the customer.
- Option two: Additional Consignment address. All orders sent to vendors will be fulfilled at this address, determined by the delivery location of the customer's order.
- Once you have completed these fields, Click Submit.
Now when an order is created, the vendor will receive the order with your consignment address, not the customer address.
Got more questions? Use the chatbox on the right to get in touch with us or email[email protected]