Marketcube App Installation for Vendors
This article will give you a step-by-step guide to install Marketcube application in Vendor live-connected Shopify store. Before we do that, let's learn what is Vendor Live Connect and how it makes your marketplace an easy place to do business.
What is Vendor Live Connect?
Vendor Live Connect allows your Vendors to connect their existing online stores to their Marketcube account and thereby allowing seamless sync between their live online store and Marketcube. The integration syncs inventory and order management automatically for operators and vendors in real-time. Running a multivendor marketplace has never been simpler!
For the purpose of this article, we'll see how a Vendor can install Marketcube application in their live-connected Shopify store by following a few simple steps. Let's dive in!
Marketcube App Installation in Vendor Shopify : Step-by-Step Guide
The app installation process can be broadly categorized into 2 parts - first, where we'll learn how to install the app in live-connected Shopify store; and second, where we'll do the final set-up in Vendor's Marketcube account.
Before we move ahead, we have also created a short video demonstrating all the steps that needs to be performed. You can also refer to the video using this link to have a step-by-step visual guide for Marketcube app installation in Vendor Shopify.
For a step-by-step written guide, please follow the below pointers-
1. App Installation Process in Vendor Shopify Store
To install the Marketcube custom application in Vendor's live connected store, login to your Shopify store account and follow the steps listed below-
- On left side options panel, click on 'Apps'.
- In the pop-up, click on the 'App and sales channel settings' option which further opens a new window drawer.
- Now click on 'Develop apps' button click.
- On the next screen, click on 'Allow custom app development' button.Once clicked, you'll be asked to confirm your action. Please click again on the 'Allow custom app development' button to confirm and proceed.
- Once you've confirmed your action, on the next screen, click on 'Create an app'.
- On the pop-up box, enter the name of the application. You can name the app as per your wish. For example, 'Vendor App'.
Click on the 'Create app' button to proceed.
- At the Custom App Development screen, under the 'Overview' section, select 'Configure Admin API scopes'.
- Once selected, you need to allow the following write & read access by clicking on the check box against the permission names-
(Note:- These permissions are essential for seamless flow of information between live-connected Shopify store and Marketcube account)
- Fulfillment services
- Order editing
- Product listings
- Once done, click on the 'Save' button to proceed.A notification at the bottom of the screen will notify you that the changes have been saved successfully.
- Now you just have to click on the 'Install app' button on the top right of your screen to install the custom app in your Shopify account. On the pop-up screen, confirm your action by clicking on the 'Install' button again.An 'App installed' notification at the bottom of the screen will confirm the action so performed.
- Next, you'll have the API Access Token, API Key and API Secret Key on your screen. Save these 3 essential details safely, as we'll require them during our next step of final set-up in Vendor Marketcube Account.
(Note:- API Access Token is revealed only once. Please save it a safe place for future references)
2. Final Set-Up in Vendor Marketcube Account
Now we'll do the final set-up for the app installation on the Vendor's Marketcube account. Once you've logged into your Vendor Marketcube account, please follow the following steps-
- Under the 'Products' section on Vendor Marketcube account, click on 'Store Settings' button, and then 'Connect Shop'.
- This will direct you to a new screen where you need to select you store as 'Shopify' (pre-selected).
- Please note that there are certain steps listed below. We have already made these actions in the above section and successfully generated the required API Access Tokens and Keys.
(Note:- These steps are listed here for the guidance purpose. Since we have already performed these steps, we just need to check mark all the steps listed one-by-one and proceed for the next steps).
- Once you've selected all the permission options, and check-marked the Step 2 'Install the app', you need to just enter the Store Name, API Access Token, API Key and API Secret Key in the field boxes, and click on the 'Save' button.
- You'll get a pop-up box enlisting all the 'Terms of Service for Vendor Live Connect'. Check the permissions check-box and click on 'Continue to Vendor Live Connect'.
- You'll get a 'Shop connected successfully' message to notify you for the successful establishment of live-connect of your Vendor Marketcube account with your Vendor Shopify store.
You can refer to this article for details on how you can import products from your live-connected store to Marketcube account once your Vendor live-connect is established successfully.