In this article, you will learn how to connect your WooCommerce store to a marketplace so products, orders and payment sync automatically between the two.
'Live Connect' allows you the ability to connect your store. This then makes it possible for you to manage your products and orders from within your own store. This also ensures that inventory, price, and product changes as well as order updates are kept in sync between your own store and the marketplace.
- Connect your WooCommerce vendor store with Live Connect.
- Products added on the WooCommerce store reflect on Marketcube without any user intervention.
- Products can be imported with the Import Product from WooCommerce Store functionality and selectively synced.
- Orders created on the Shopify seller store transverse to the WooCommerce vendor store.
- Disconnect your live connected WooCommerce Vendor store.
To connect your WooCommerce store through Live Connect you require the below three mentioned parameters. Navigate to your WooCommerce store.
- Shop Domain
- The shop domain can be obtained from the shop URL on the address bar. http://shazada.sg-host.com/wp-admin/edit.php?post_type=shop_order The part in green is the shop domain key.
- Consumer Secret & Consumer Key
- Navigate to your WooCommerce plugin
- Click on Settings option in the drop down list.
- Click the Advanced tab option on the far right.
- Click on the REST API option.
- Below appears a button with Add key written on it.
- The above step prompts three text fields tagged as Description, User and Permissions.
- Description field intakes any custom name for the API key. User basically accepts one among all the Users created. Permissions is a selection between Read, Write and Read/Write permission. It would be preferred to have Read/Write selected while creating the key.
- Click on Generate Key button .This generates and displays Consumer key and Consumer secret which can be copied for further use.
Live connect initializes when you connect your WooCommerce vendor Store through Marketcube.
Login as a vendor in Marketcube. Navigate to Add Products page which presents a multitude of options to add products. Select the option that says ‘Import products by connecting to a WooCommerce store’.
Pre-check that this feature is enabled.
Upon selection of the above-mentioned option from the drop-down menu. Three text fields appear seeking Shop Domain, Consumer Key, and Consumer Secret. All three fields are mandatory.
Upon fulfilling the required fields, click on Connect in the bottom right corner.
A modal pops up displaying the Terms and Conditions. After a thorough read, scroll below to accept them by clicking on the check box and click on Continue to Vendor Live Connect.
Voila! You are connected to your WooCommerce store.🎊🎉
Once live connected, products created on the vendor WooCommerce Store reflect on Marketcube.
There are two ways this can happen.
- Manual Import
- A live connected vendor is provided with an array of options to import products from the store.
- Clicking on the Import Products From your WooCommerce Store pulls all the products from your connected WooCommerce store to display them in a list fashion.
- A user can navigate to this list by either clicking on the button on the banner which says Click here to view Woocommerce Products.
- The option WooCommerce Store Products on the left widget also directs the user to the list of vendor store products.
- The list of all the vendor store products appears in a list and each of them can be synced individually through the Actions dropdown.
- Auto Sync of Products
- All the products will get automatically synced to your marketplace if the Auto Add products feature (explained below) is enabled.All the products can be viewed in the products column.
POINTS TO REMEMBER
- Navigate to the Settings tab on Marketcube.
- Click on the Show option on the Products card which displays an option of Live Inventory Update.
- Clicking on it prompts a feature to enable auto sync of products to Marketcube.
- If this feature is disabled, all the products created on vendor WooCommerce will not automatically sync into Marketcube. Products can be imported by using the Import Products From your WooCommerce Store button as explained above.
- If this feature is enabled, all the products created on vendor WooCommerce will automatically sync into Marketcube.
- However, there is a caveat, with this feature disabled, the products which have been imported manually on Marketcube will respond to update and delete actions performed on them on the WooCommerce connected store.
After the products are published to your seller Shopify Store. Orders can be created for those products belonging to the live connected vendor on your seller Shopify Store. These orders traverse to Marketcube and automatically to the connected WooCommerce Store. The orders can be fulfilled from Marketcube and corresponding status changes can be observed in the connected store.
Finally, the vendor can disconnect the live connected store.
- The user can navigate to the add Products page and select the option that says ‘Import products by connecting to a WooCommerce store’. If you have a store connected then clicking on the Disconnect shop option opens a modal confirming the disconnection.
- The second way to disconnect is by clicking on the Disconnect option on the action widget on the left. It too prompts a confirmation pop up upon clicking.
FOOD FOR THOUGHT
- Only one vendor can be connected to one particular WooCommerce store.
- Products and Orders take some time to sync both ways. Please be patient.
- Double-check your shop domain, consumer key, and consumer secret if you get an error while connecting your store.
- Shopify allows only three options in a variant so if a variant on Woo Commerce store has more than three options, then the product will not sync into Marketcube.
Got more questions? Use the chat on your right or email firstname.lastname@example.org to get in touch.
See the article here - How to manually update my Vendor Live Connect product Inventory.