Manage Order Auto Expiry
In this article we will explain what order auto expiry is and how to set it up.
Enabling the auto-expire feature means that whenever any new order comes into your Marketcube account if it is not accepted by the store operator within a specific period of time then it will be automatically marked as rejected.You can manage/define the number of days after which if the order does not get accepted by the operator then it will be automatically marked as rejected.
How to set up order auto-expiry:
1. Log into your Marketcube account>> Click on the Settings Icon.
2. Click on Orders >> Click Manage order auto expiry.
3. Once you click on the Manage order auto expiry you will see the below options: 'Auto expiry Working Days', 'Order Expiry' and 'Advance order Expiry by Vendor'.
i) Auto Expiry Working Days: This means that you can manage/define the number of days after which if the order does not get accepted or picked up then it will be automatically marked as rejected or no show.
- You can set up the expiry of the order between Monday to Friday ( Includes weekdays only) or Monday to Sunday (Includes weekdays and weekends)
- If you wish for the auto expiry feature to work only between working days then you can select the first option Monday to Friday (Includes weekdays only) or else you can select the second option Monday to Sunday (Includes weekdays and weekends) if you wish the feature to work every day.
ii) Order Expiry: After selecting the expiry working days you need to set the Order Expiry and enable it by adding the number of days you wish for the order to expire after. Adding a number of days the orders will be rejected automatically after the specified period of time.
- Click on 'Enable order Auto Expiry' so that the feature can start working >> Add the number of days in the text box provided. >> Click Update.
- Click 'Disable Order Auto Expiry' if you do not wish for orders to be automatically rejected >> Click Update.
iii) Advance Order Expiry By Vendor: You can also set up bespoke order expiry settings for a specific vendors by following the below steps (this is optional)
- Navigate to Advance Order Expiry by Vendor >> Select 'Enable Order Auto Expiry' >> Click the dropdown box to select the vendor for which you want to set up the order expiry
- Add the number of days you would like an order to be automatically rejected after in the textbox provided >> Click on Update.
Got more questions? Use the chatbox on the right to get in touch with us or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org