Vendor payouts on the basis of whether vendor is VAT (gst, pst) registered or not.
If a vendor on an e-commerce platform is not registered with the relevant tax authorities, the responsibility for paying the applicable taxes would generally fall on the (Operator) platform itself. However, this may vary depending on the specific laws and regulations of the jurisdiction in question.
To Manage tax payments from the vendor payout, the operator first needs to enable "Charge Commission On Order Price"
Follow the below steps to enable "Charge Commission On Order Price"
- Log in as an Operator >> Click on the Settings Icon >> Navigate to "Orders" >> Click Show >> Click "Commission".
- On the commission page >> Enable "Charge Commission On Order Price".
- If the "Charge Commission on Order Price" feature is activated, the tax payment will be subtracted from the vendor payout according to the following criteria.
A. The vendor is registered with relevant tax authorities.
If the vendor is registered with the relevant tax authorities, they may input their tax information or number into the profile section of their Marketcube account.
- Log in as a Vendor >> Click on the vendor Name >> then select the "Profile"
- On the Profile, section vendor can update the "Business tax information.
- If the "Business tax information" is provided and the “Charge Commission On Order Price” setting is enabled, then the tax amount will not be deducted from the vendor payout (Please refer to the vendor payout invoice provided below for your reference).
B. The vendor is not registered with the relevant tax authorities.
This feature enables the operator to subtract the tax amount from the vendor payout, So the operator can remit it directly to the relevant tax authorities (Please refer to the vendor payout invoice provided below for your reference).
Got more questions? Use the chatbox on the right to get in touch with us or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.