How to invite vendor in bulk using a CSV
In this article, we will discuss how to invite vendors in bulk using the CSV to join the operator's marketplace.
On Marketcube vendors/sellers are added to sustain a marketplace. Operators are inviting vendors to Marketcube to run a multi-vendor marketplace. Marketcube provides multiple options to add vendors:
Inviting a vendor in bulk saves time and energy for the operator. If the number of vendor invitations is more than 3 it is advisable for operators to use a CSV to send the invite to their corresponding vendors. Using this option multiple vendors will simultaneously receive an invitation email with a link from operator which they need to register and onboard themselves.
How to Bulk invite vendors:
1. Log into your operator account. >> Click on the Vendors tab >> click on Add Vendors.
2. From the dropdown, click on Bulk Invite Vendors Using a CSV.
3. Click on Download Sample CSV. Please Note: Only the Marketcube Sample CSV will work in Marketcube. CSV available on Shopify or any other templates will not work in Marketcube
4.You can update the text in the CSV with vendor emails.
Note: By default a vendor has full write access in their account however you can set a vendor's access to be 'read only'. With 'read only' access a vendor can log into their account but they are not able to perform any create, update or delete actions i.e. add or manage products and orders or change any settings. This permission can be revoked or added at any time by operator after a vendor has been created.
To provide vendors with read only access select the check box for 'Allow vendor read only access' located under the Vendor's access permission. This feature is particularly useful when you are looking to manage on behalf of your vendors. >> Click Save.
This is how the sample CSV will look. Fill in the email address in the CSV file.
7. Click on Add file to upload the CSV.
8. Vendors will receive the invite on the email id and will be requested to generate their password by Clicking Create Password.
9. Once the password is set up, they will need to click Register. The vendor will be redirected to the login page, and from there, they will be redirected to the onboarding page.
Got more questions? Use the chat on your right or email email@example.com to get in touch.