How to create a vendor using form?
In this article, we will discuss how to create a vendor as an operator using a form.
On Marketcube vendors/sellers are added to sustain a marketplace. Operators must invite vendors to Marketcube to run a multi-vendor marketplace. Marketcube provides multiple options to add vendors which we'll discuss here in this article.
Follow the below-mentioned steps to create the vendor/seller using a form (as an Operator)
If you have already onboarded or worked with a vendor and want to onboard them yourself on Marketcube (rather than the vendor onboarding themselves), you can create that vendor using our form. By using this way of vendor addition, the operator updates all the information related to the vendor before onboarding them.
How to create vendors using a form:
- Log in as a Marketplace Operator >> Click on Vendor's tab >> Click on Add Vendors.
- From the dropdown, click on Create vendors yourself using our form.
- Fill in all the details in the form with the vendor information.
- Vendor Verification:
A vendor is required to verify their email when joining the platform, however when creating a vendor you can choose to 'Auto verify vendor' thereby avoiding the need to validate their email. This is useful when you are 'creating' vendor accounts and hence is selected by default. In case you want your vendors to verify their email id, kindly uncheck the box.
- Tag Vendor as Overseas
When creating a vendor you can mark the vendor as overseas and then tax will be calculated accordingly.
- Vendor's Access Permission:
By default, a vendor has full write access in their account however operators can set a vendor's access to be 'read-only'. With 'read-only' access, a vendor can log in to their account but cannot perform any create, update or delete actions ie. add or manage products and orders or change any settings.
This permission can be revoked or added at any time by you after a vendor has been created. This feature is particularly useful when you are looking to manage on behalf of your vendors.
- Click on Save.
- Created vendors will receive an email with an id and password to login into their account. The vendor needs to click on Login and enter the email id and password.
- Set up the new password ensuring that the password is of a minimum of 8 characters and contains at least 1 number and 1 special character e.g. P@ssw0rd >>Click on save >> & Re-ogin into their Marketcube vendor account using the new credentials set up by the vendor.
- Once the vendor logs in to their account, they will be redirected to the onboarding steps.
- Once the Onboarding steps gets completed then the vendor will be able to access their Marketcube Dashboard.
Got more questions? Use the chatbox on the right to get in touch with us or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.