What is time-based services fulfillment in Marketcube?
In this article we will discuss what time-based services are and how to set them up.
Time-based services are a useful functionality available in Marketcube. Time-based services is the fulfillment method that has been introduced to manage the orders for those services.
What is Fulfillment?
What is Time-Based Services fulfillment?
Time-Based Services is a fulfillment model used to define how a service is availed by a customer. Orders adhering to the Time-Based Services model are availed by the customers from the vendor's location and the payment must be completed prior to use/delivery. There is an authentication process available under this fulfillment to ensure secure service is availed.
How to configure Time-Based Services:
1. Log in as an Operator >> Click on the Settings Icon >> Navigate to Shipping and Fulfillments >> Click Show >> Click Fulfilment.
2. Select Time-based Services. >> Click Save.
Order Process in Time-Based Services (Receiving a time-based Service):
1. As per the fulfillment settings, the complete order process will be done by the vendor. The operator can only accept the order from its Marketcube account.
So once the order is placed, it will be listed under the Orders tab at the Marketcube end for both the operator and vendor.
2. The operator or vendor needs to accept the order to process it. Click Manage Line Item for the order >> Click Accept order line.
Once the service order is accepted, the operator and vendor can see the label which reads Time-Based Services (which is the fulfillment method used) as well as the order status (which in this case/in the screenshot below is Accepted.)
3. The vendor will then click on Mark ready for service button, in order to make the service available for the customer.
4. After that, a popup will appear in which the vendor can select the location from which the service can be availed. >> Select the service location using the dropdown box and add a note for the customer >> Click Ready for Service.
The selected location will be visible to the customer in an email. The service locations available in the dropdown and will be fetched from the Marketcube Address book of the vendor itself. So, it is mandatory for the vendor to manage the address book well.
5. Once you have clicked on Ready for service, an email will be triggered to the customer with the service location and service code for authentication.
As shown in the image below, the label for the order is now shown as Ready For Service, and the vendor can now confirm the service under the Manage line item button.
6. When the customer is available at the location to avail the service, the vendor can confirm by proceeding with authentication.
After clicking on the Confirm Service button, a pop will appear as shown in the image below. The service code is also visible inside the popup only. >> Click Paid & Availed.
7. The service will now be confirmed and the label on that specific order will be shown as Completed on the order details page.
This is how the order will be processed when the fulfillment method is selected as Time-Based Services.
Got more questions? Use the chatbox on the right to get in touch with us or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org