Product as a Service (PAAS)
What is Product as a Service
Product as a Service can be referred to as selling the services or the results of a product or resource Here the actual product is not sent to the customer. As the title suggests “as a Service” means one can use the service on a subscription basis and use its outcomes accordingly.
Use of PAAS in Marketcube
Suppose an operator of a salon brand is associated with multiple vendors in the country. But, they do not have a specific platform to promote it to prospective customers. So, PAAS from Marketcube will allow the operator to list out those services provided in the salons and assign vendors to those services, which can be booked by the customers from their respective locations and time zones as per their availability. In Marketcube, the user (operator and vendor) can create multiple services as per the requirements and they can then publish it to the store. By publishing the services it will become visible to the customer on to the frontend and they can book the slot by following specific processes.
How to create a service in Marketcube as an operator/vendor:
Points to note:
- In this functionality, the operator and vendor both can perform the task to create a new service from their respective Marketcube accounts.
- If the vendor creates a service then there will be no dropdown for selecting the vendor name as the service. Other than this, all the details in the service form for operators will be the same for vendors too.
- Also, if the vendor makes any changes to the service then its approval or review is not required by the operator.
1) Login as an Operator >> Navigate to Products tab. >> Click on the Add Products button as shown in the image below:
2) The operator will then select the option to Add product as a service from the dropdown.
3. In the product form, there are 4 tabs to be filled, i.e. Information, Availability, Images, and Variants.
i. Information Tab
Here the operator will add the basic service details as shown in the image below.
Also, the operator needs to select the Vendor for the service to whom it is associated. (This step will not be necessary if the vendor is adding a service on their account).
ii. Availability Tab
This tab includes all the details related to the availability of the service for customers, that the operator can configure here . All the details here are mandatory to be filled in.
iii. Add Variant to a Service
Further. the operator can also add variants for their services. For this, the operator will click on Add Variant under the Variants Tab. >> Click Finish.
For example, if a service is available for morning and evening, then in that case operator can create two variants and manage the slot details separately for morning and evening.
As shown in the image below, the operator simply needs to enter the Variant name and its option in the text fields and it will get listed itself. Finally, after adding variants, the operator needs to click on the Finish button to save the changes.
4. Once the service is added successfully, the service will be listed under the product list. The only difference is that product will be labeled as "Service". >> The operator can now publish it to the store by clicking on the Manage button next to the service product >> Click Publish to Store.
Service View on Frontend (for a customer):
1. The customer can now search the service on the front end or the service is also listed in the catalog.
2. When a customer clicks on the product the customer will get redirected to the service page. Here, the product details and variants will be visible as shown in the image below:
3. By clicking on the Check Availability button, the customer can check the availability of that service. After that, the calendar will appear in which the customer can select the days for which they want this service.
4. After clicking on the Apply button, a modal will appear to select the slots from all the available slots. Further, click on the Book your slot button for slot confirmation.
5. Further, a notification popup will appear that shows the service is booked provisionally.
6. On the service details page, the customer can see the timer and the checkout must be done before the timer ends. Otherwise, the slot will need to be booked again. Also by clicking on the ADD TO CART button, the checkout can be started.
7. After the service is added to the cart, customer will click on the VIEW CART button that will navigate the customer to the cart page.
8. On the cart page itself, the customer can see the service details like Date, Time, and Service ID. By clicking on the CHECK OUT button the customer can proceed with the checkout.
9. Further, the customer will navigate to the payment details page, and add the card details for completing the payment.
10. Once done, the customer will redirect to the payment success page.
Note: If checkout is not completed within the timer then the error popup will appear as seen in the image below and you will need to start again:
Got more questions? Use the chatbox on the right to get in touch with us or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org