In this article we will go over a high level overview of how the payment flow works within Marketcube.
- You (marketplace operator) set up marketplace terms that impact payments - commission, returns, payment terms.
- You connect your PayPal or Stripe account. This will be the account your vendors get paid from.
Alternatively, you can choose not to connect your PayPal or Stripe account, in which case Marketcube will still be calculating commission split between you and vendors for all orders, but you will need to pay your vendors and update payment statuses within Marketcube manually. To make it easier we enable you to export all of your payments, accessible via "Export Payments" in Payments section.
- Given you've connected your PayPal or Stripe account in the previous step, then your vendors will be able to connect their PayPal or Stripe account too. This will be the account where they receive payments for your marketplace orders.
- When an order comes into your store then the full amount goes into the account connected to your e-commerce platform. In the background Marketcube calculates the amount you owe to each vendor and the payment due date, depending on the terms selected.
- When the payment is due it is automatically triggered from your connected PayPal or Stripe account to your vendor's connected PayPal or Stripe account.
Throughout the entire process you can track the status of all payments (amounts, due dates and associated payment statuses)
To access this information or export payments navigate to Payments from the main menu.
Got more questions? Use the chatbox on the right to get in touch with us or email firstname.lastname@example.org